Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's been a while...

hasn't it?

A lot of things happened around here, and nothing quilting related. However, the fact that I found the quilting world helped me so much in designing my  soft structured carriers .

I finished my first round of SSCs, and let me just say I am incredibly proud of myself.


Two of my all times favorite fabrics got together, a Joel Dewberry and a Laurie Wisbrun one.

ad-5878

Don't they look like they're made for each other? :)

Also, I indulged myself in some fabulos Amy Butler designs that I am so in love with right now.


luna-negru-flori-01

The feel of her satin home decor fabrics is just amazing, they're strong, but not too stiff, and the bit of shine the satin has makes them incredible!

I also chose some Lecien fabrics, just to find out that they're not available anymore anywhere.

luna-gri-lecien-01

Well, we'll see about that :).

Do you see those cute little shoes? Yeap, JD again. I still love Heirloom.


luna-negru-grena-01

A lot :D.

The only problem I have is that now, when I finally have time to start quilting again, all the fabrics I had in mind from, what, January?, are sold out. And the new stuff is just...wow! so many new things, I feel so overwhelmed trying to browse my favorite stores.

Does this happen to you too? How can I choose now?
And what about new Echino? Nothing? Nada?

I so need to get out there a.s.a.p :)

11 comments:

  1. Wellcome back! Lots of fabrics and amazing new patterns are waiting for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! you should start out with Washi fabric. Go google it - buy it at hawthornethreads.com. :) End of story. The fabrics are a bit "bossy" with other fabrics so go with the whole line. :) lol. Blame me, the enabler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Good to see you again! I second browsing Hawthorne Threads, I love their new and coming soon categories for seeing what's out there. I'm not buying too much as I'm still trying to get over the mental hurdle of fabrics now costing $10 a yard. Yikes.
    Happy shopping and sewing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The carriers look awesome - you've done a fantastic job with your business!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your carriers are fantastic. And your photography is really beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A motivating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you should write more on this
    subject, it may not be a taboo matter but usually people do not discuss these issues.
    To the next! Best wishes!!
    My website wiki.acerenza.info

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. This is a really well written article.
    I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.
    My web site - http://www.jartibles.net/wiki/Usuario:MarkusIng

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!



    Also visit my page; lebensmitteln ohne kohlenhydrate

    ReplyDelete
  9. When someone writes an post he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her mind
    that how a user can know it. Therefore that's why this post is perfect. Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: legal ecstasy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, excuse my English! I have now discovered your blog and I find it beautiful! If you wanna come and see me you will be welcome. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Тhis artіcle will help the internet viewers fοr setting up new weblog oг еven a weblοg from start to end.


    Here iѕ my blog - herbal highs wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Ok, maybe it's not that much fun when you have hundreds of comments at every post and you wanna aswer, but you know what? I don't :)). So I have a lot of time to answer :))) Bring'em on