When I received the heilroom stash, after a lot of staring, I decided to cut some 2" strips to play with. Those 'eyes' bothered me so much that I just left it like this and moved on.
But after the cross quilt and the baby princess, I couldn't stop thinking about these colours.
So I took all the scraps out and started using every single tiny bit. I came up with 4 almost squares. Lined them up, added more scraps, and took the difficult decision: 1 quilt instead of 4 pillows.
With the new walking foot things went really well, no pulling, no stretching with only 7 basting pins.
[I'm really sorry for the weird colours, me and the camera we're not 100% back together :)]
I hope it's safe to say I'm done with pink for a while. I finished almost all my pink fabrics so I should be safe :). However, crazy scrappy piecing gave me more ideas so there's another one on the way :). Not pink, I swear :)